We seek a highly motivated individual who can utilize their superior clinical and technical skills in providing state-of-the-art clinical test reports and genetic diagnostic service. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who demonstrate effort and initiative; team players who are willing to accept personal accountability for successful job performance and who have a willingness to learn new skills, as well as continually improve their existing skill set. You would be an important member of our Clinical Operation team.
You will perform a variety of functions as a part of the Clinical Operations Team.
- Review and sign out clinical reports with the highest possible accuracy and quality
- Work collaboratively with the Laboratory Director, Chief Medical Officer, and the interpretations team to ensure timely and accurate result reporting
- Work closely with the Laboratory and R&D teams to further develop the service and diagnostic products; provide clinical and technical expertise in support of new initiatives relevant to molecular diagnostics.
- Support internal and external company initiatives
- Work as part of the Clinical Genetics Support team by assisting Genetic Counselors and Support Personnel.
- Communicate molecular genetic laboratory results directly to ordering health care professionals, when necessary, and in conjunction with other members of the clinical team.
- Seek and support new and innovative ways to provide best in class service to Blueprint’s clients
- Produce materials such as white papers, website content, conference abstracts, materials for peer-reviewed publications and scientific presentations
- Take part in training Sales and Customer Support Team members
- M.D. or Ph.D. in a biological science
- ABMG or equivalent certification in Clinical Molecular Genetics and Cytogenetics
- At least 2 years of experience working in a genetic diagnostic laboratory
- Previous experience working with Next Generation Sequencing Platforms and bioinformatics
- Previous experience working with rare disease diagnostics and report writing
- Ability to interpret a broad range of genetic diagnostic tests including methodologies applied.
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong communication skills that facilitate discussion of laboratory results with referring providers, and that allow a team approach to guiding further testing and clinical management.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience presenting at scientific meetings, writing abstracts and scientific articles.
- Team player who can provide high level customer service
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available includes: Medical, Dental, Life and Disability insurance, 401(k) plan, performance pay, paid vacation and holidays.
Be part of a team providing best in class rare disease genetic diagnostics by submitting your resume and cover letter to our Workable portal. Inquiries about the position can be sent to Chief Medical Officer Tero-Pekka Alastalo MD, PhD; email@example.com
Blueprint Genetics is a clinical diagnostics and genetic knowledge company. We are a team of 50+ professionals running a clinical laboratory providing genetic diagnostics for professional use. Our current diagnostic portfolio includes over 400 tests that cover all inherited disorders. We work with over 300 clinics in over 30 countries. Our aim is to grow and expand our operations globally.
Interested in joining a growing team?