We are currently looking for a Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technician or Technologist to join our growing operation in San Francisco. This is a full time position.
The duties for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Receiving, evaluating and processing specimens and accompanying requisitions from our North and South American customers.
- Examines requisitions to ascertain acceptability against established criteria.
- Investigates incomplete or unacceptable submissions.
- Provides timely follow-up communication with appropriate individuals/departments/offices when materials are determined to be unacceptable or lack adequate information for billing or clinical processing.
- Organize samples and paperwork per established protocol.
- Registering patients and/or overseeing the registration process into our internal requisition portal
- Communicates with outside institutions, internal departments, and insurance companies and medical groups to obtain patient demographic information, and insurance authorizations.
- Assists in Clinical sample and test kit logistics related tasks
- Coordinating regular laboratory meetings
- Maintenance of the laboratory facility (disinfection/cleaning of work station)
- Assisting in laboratory SOP development in the growing and developing operation
- Assisting in regulatory items required to sustain laboratory certifications
- The responsibilities of this position will involve routine possible exposure to human biological specimens (e.g. blood and saliva).
- Graduation from college with a major in an applicable natural science
- Two years of experience in a medical laboratory environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities and perform well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to work in both an individual and team setting
- California Medical Laboratory Technician License
- Previous experience in a diagnostic CLIA laboratory environment
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to understand and learn the complexities within the field of genetic diagnostics
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available includes: Medical, Dental, Life and Disability insurance, 401(k) plan, performance pay, paid vacation
Blueprint Genetics is a clinical diagnostics and genetic knowledge company. We are a team of 50+ professionals running a clinical laboratory providing genetic diagnostics for professional use. Our current diagnostic portfolio includes over 400 tests that cover all inherited disorders. We work with over 300 clinics in over 30 countries. Our aim is to grow and expand our operations globally.
Thank you for your interest, the position has been filled.