At Blueprint Genetics we believe that cost should not be a barrier for patients or families who require genetic testing.
The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
- Clinics, hospitals, laboratories, and physicians may establish an institutional billing account with convenient monthly invoicing and payment options.
- Complete billing information must be indicated in the order (step 2 of the order on the Nucleus platform) when samples are submitted.
- Blueprint Genetics offers institutional clients the opportunity to improve laboratory utilization management and compliance through our laboratory services agreements.
- For questions about establishing an institutional billing account please contact our billing support at (650) 452-9340 Ext. 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blueprint Genetics works with all commercial insurances and every patient with active benefits can access our diagnostic testing service. We work closely alongside the patient and their clinician to obtain the maximum insurance reimbursement.
- Blueprint Genetics will perform a benefit investigation once a test requisition and sample are received with commercial insurance (copy both sides of patient’s insurance card) and patient demographic information. If the patient’s financial responsibility is greater than $100 our billing specialist will contact the patient or family (normally within 72 hours after receipt of sample) and inform them of any unmet deductible, co-pay, and co-insurance, as well as explain their payment options under our Financial Assistance Program (FAP).
- Blueprint Genetics’ billing specialists will process insurance prior authorizations (PA) on behalf of the patient whenever allowed, and will assist clinicians with submitting letters of medical necessity (LOMN) and supporting clinical documents. Blueprint Genetics complies with all appropriate statutes and rules governing insurance billing and claims for reimbursement.
- The patient is responsible for any co-insurance, co-pay, and unmet deductible established by the patient’s insurance carrier. Blueprint Genetics has a generous Financial Assistance Program (FAP) including payment plan options for patients and families who experience economic challenges associated with their clinical situation or family income level.
- If the patient is not completely satisfied with our billing solution and options under the Financial Assistance Program (FAP) there is no obligation to move forward with testing. If the patient decides to cancel the test, we will contact the ordering physician to get their approval before cancellation.
For additional information about our insurance billing solutions please review the Billing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section or contact our billing support team at (650) 452-9340 Ext. 1 or email@example.com.
- Blueprint Genetics offers a self-pay option for patients with commercial insurance policies that are structured with extraordinarily high deductibles or restrict access to the specialty genetic testing services provided by Blueprint Genetics.
- Blueprint Genetics offers a discounted self-pay option for patients who participate in government insurance programs such as Medicare, State Medicaid, and Tricare.
- Select the Patient Payment option on the test requisition form and indicate payment method. Please include the patient’s contact information (phone and email). The patient will receive a link with payment details to the provided email address. The sample goes to analysis once the payment has been collected by Blueprint Genetics. If you wish to discuss alternative payment options, please contact our billing support team. Blueprint Genetics accepts a variety of payment methods including bank transfers, credit cards, or checks.
For questions about our patient payment options please contact our billing support team at (650) 452-9340 Ext. 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org.