My Retina Tracker® Program
The Foundation Fighting Blindness, in partnership with Blueprint Genetics and InformedDNA®, offers an open access, no-cost genetic testing program. This program is for individuals with a clinical diagnosis of an inherited retinal degeneration (IRD) living in the United States and US territories. The eligibility criteria are listed below in “Who is Eligible for Testing.”
The program offers people with an IRD access to the highest quality genetic testing and genetic counseling. Although it is not required for participation, this program offers an easy opportunity to join the My Retina Tracker Registry. This gives individuals the opportunity to contribute to research and development, and the opportunity of being contacted about relevant clinical trials.
The program provides patients with a 322-gene panel targeting relevant genes associated with IRD. Unique features of the panel include the entire mitochondrial genome, full RPGR coverage, high-resolution copy number variant detection and comprehensive coverage of IRD related non-coding variants. The program offers no-charge genetic counseling.
Ordering is easy through Blueprint’s online portal, Nucleus. Results can be viewed in Nucleus approximately 4 weeks after Blueprint Genetics receives the sample.
Interested in learning more? In our recent webinar, the program is introduced in more detail.
Why select My Retina Tracker Program for your patient with an IRD?
- The program is based on an existing My Retina Tracker Registry study that has been developed and utilized by leaders in the field of IRD genetics and therapeutics.
- To date, thousands of patients with IRDs have participated in this program, leading to a powerful genotype/phenotype database, and experienced genetic counselors to help guide your patients through the testing process.
- The genetic test represents the best IRD diagnostic panel on the market today. It includes excellent coverage of the essential RPGR gene, including the ORF15 difficult to analyze region, analysis of the entire mitochondrial genome, high-resolution copy number variant (CNV) detection, and known disease-causing non-coding variants.
- Eligible individuals also receive no-charge genetic counseling with professionals experienced in providing genetic test interpretation to patients with IRD in comprehensive, individualized sessions.
- Your patient will be invited to enroll in the Foundation Fighting Blindness My Retina Tracker Registry during the counseling session and in doing so support research and development in IRD diagnostics, and also the opportunity of being contacted about relevant clinical trials.