About Genetic Testing
Sometimes, these variants cause 1 or more genes to stop working or work differently than expected. These genetic variants can result in a genetic disease.
Genetic testing can help:
- Make or confirm a diagnosis
- Inform decisions about current or future healthcare
- Provide a basis for your clinician’s diagnosis and recommendations for treatment and care
- Support your decisions about family planning for yourself or other family members
- Give other family members the opportunity to learn their genetic status
If you are interested in genetic testing, please discuss with your healthcare provider which test(s) may be best for you.
What kind of genetic testing does Blueprint Genetics offer?
Blueprint Genetics is focused on providing genetic testing for inherited diseases in all medical specialties, from cardiology to ophthalmology. You can find all of our tests here. Our tests are meant for healthcare professionals to use as a tool to make or confirm a genetic diagnosis for their patient (or the patient’s family members) when they suspect an inherited disorder.